Growing garlic sprouts can be an interesting gardening experiment, especially if you’re looking for an eco-friendly approach that reuses plastic bottles. Here’s a simple method to cultivate garlic sprouts using two different sized plastic bottles.
- One 2-liter plastic bottle
- One 5-liter plastic bottle
- Garlic cloves
- Potting soil
- Preparation of the 2-Liter Bottle:
- Take a 2-liter plastic bottle and make multiple holes around its body.
- Insert garlic cloves into these holes.
- Leave an untouched section at the bottom of the bottle, approximately 10 cm in height.
- Fill this bottom section with water.
- Placement in Pot:
- Place the bottle in a pot filled with potting soil, ensuring that only the 10 cm section with water is buried in the soil.
- The section with the garlic cloves should remain above the soil.
- Make sure the bottle cap is removed.
- Using the 5-Liter Bottle:
- Take the 5-liter bottle and cut off its base.
- Place it over the 2-liter bottle in the pot, acting as a greenhouse. Ensure the 5-liter bottle’s cap is closed to create a humid environment.
- Watering and Waiting:
- Water the soil around the 2-liter bottle.
- Wait for approximately 7-10 days. Over this period, the garlic cloves will start to sprout.
- Once the garlic has sprouted sufficiently, you can transplant them into the soil for further growth.
By using this method, you’re not only recycling plastic bottles but also creating a mini greenhouse environment conducive for the garlic sprouts. It’s an easy and sustainable approach to gardening!
Do you like this? Share inspiration with your friends!